We’re so excited to announce auditions for The Gauntlet Season 2!
Gauntlet 2 Try-outs at RTX! That’s right, The Gauntlet is back! Season 2 is going to be even bigger and better, starting with try-outs at RTX!!!
We’ll be holding high score competitions in 4 games at the Gauntlet booth:
- Game 1: Trials Evolution - Friday 7/5, noon to 2:30pm
- Game 2: Geometry Wars 2 - Friday 7/5, 3:30pm to 6pm
- Game 3: BattleBlock Theater - Saturday 7/6, 9:30am to 1pm
- Game 4: ‘Splosion Man - Saturday 7/6, 2pm to 6pm
From the winners of those contests we will choose 16 semi-finalists that will compete on the Center Stage on Sunday 7/7, 10:30am to 11:30am. It’s going to be a a lot of fun!
Now the rules:
- Contestants must be at least 18 years old as of July 5, 2013 - the first day of RTX. If you were born after July 5, 1995 you will not be able to participate. No exceptions.
- You must be available at any point during the entirety of RTX. If you are planning to leave early Sunday or have some other obligations during the show you should not try out.
- You must be available to be in Austin for our main shoot from Sept. 22 - 28, 2013. Those dates are very important. If you can’t be in Austin that week, do not try out.
- You can compete in more than one game and get back in line to try again as many times as you want. However, you cannot be a semi-finalist in more than one game.
- You must be willing to appear on camera.
- You must have fun and not be a grumpus.
This year on the show we are going to be joined by some special guests and the prize money will be going to charity. We’ll have a lot more details on the show later this summer, so be on the lookout. We can’t wait to meet our new Gauntlet contestants at RTX!
See you at the Gauntlet booth, game faces on! For the more photos from Day 1 of auditions, head on over to our Facebook page.